Contact Us Today 214-494-8033


USCIS Issues New Instructions for H-4 Work Card Applicants - ImmigrationMD

Posted by Ann Badmus | May 22, 2015 | 0 Comments


On May 26, 2015, the government will begin accepting H-4 employment authorization document (EAD) applications for work authorization.  Yesterday, USCIS  published information to help eligible H-4 dependent spouses who want to apply for employment authorization under the Employment Authorization for Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses final rule.

You can view the USCIS information on:

USCIS advises that you may not apply for employment authorization under this rule until May 26, 2015.

Until the H-4 rule takes effect on May 26, 2015, USCIS will not accept any Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization requesting employment authorization based on your H-4 status.

If you submit a Form I-765 before May 26, 2015, USCIS will reject your application and return it and the filing fee to you. You would then need to re-submit the application on or after May 26, 2015.

For legal assistance with your H-4 work card application, you are invited to contact us.

About the Author

Ann Badmus

Principal and Managing Attorney


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Us Today

Badmus & Associates is committed to answering your questions. We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience.

Contact us today to schedule an appointment.