Contact Us Today 214-494-8033


E-Verify For Employees FAQ (Part 2): Your Options If You Receive A Tentative Nonconfirmation

Posted by Ann Badmus | Feb 19, 2013 | 0 Comments

What Are My Options After I Am Notified That I Received A TNC?

It is important that you make sure your employer provides you with a printout of your Tentative Nonconfirmation (TNC) notice. It will provide you with details about your E-Verify case, instructions, and information about your rights. You must then decide whether you want to contest the TNC.

What If I Choose Not To Contest A TNC?

If you choose not to contest the TNC, you are accepting that your employer may terminate your employment with no civil or criminal liability.

What If I DecideTo Contest A TNC?

If you contest the TNC, you must indicate that on the TNC notice and return it to your employer. After both you and your employer have signed the TNC notice, your employer must immediately give you a referral letter with details on how to contact either the Social Security Administration (SSA) or the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to resolve your case.

Both you and your employer must sign the referral letter. If you choose to contest the TNC, you must either visit SSA in person or contact DHS by phone (depending on the instructions contained in the referral letter) within eight federal government workdays of the date of referral to begin resolving your case.

In our next post we will discuss how to contact the DHS or SSA to resolve your TNC.

About the Author

Ann Badmus

Principal and Managing Attorney


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Us Today

Badmus & Associates is committed to answering your questions. We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience.

Contact us today to schedule an appointment.